Infrared is an invisible wavelength of light (experienced by heat) that has the ability to safely penetrate your body on a cellular level and raise core body temperature. Each wavelength of the full spectrum (Far, Middle, Near) targets different parts of the body to produce specific health benefits: We have Finnleo Far Infrared Saunas. The Far wavelength is the longest wavelength, targeting tightly stored toxins within your body that are broken up with infrared heat. Once broken up, they are now free to be purged through sweat, the body’s natural way to release toxins.
Within nature, infrared is a naturally occurring output of the sun, but Infrared does not contain harmful UV rays associated with unprotected sunlight.
Finnleo Saunas have “Pure Infrared” which means they have the lowest electromagnetic radiation (EMR) and electrical field (EF) signatures of any infrared delivery system available. The electrical field in a Pure Infra is less than you’d experience from a computer screen or cell phone.
“Pure Infra” saunas are also easy on the eyes. They include tri-modal lighting systems with soft valance lighting, ceiling reading lights and color therapy. This allows you to rela in the soft and diffused valance lighting. Use color to create an energizing ambiance, or simply enjoy your favorite magazine or book without straining.
Chromotherapy is a method that uses full spectrum of visible light, colors, to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony. Our bodies need sunlight to live. When there is an imbalance in these colors within our bodies, we can experience mental and physical distress. Each color possesses frequencies of a specific vibration and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms. Chromotherapy works on various energy points to help the body re-establish its natural balance. Each of our saunas includes chromotherapy lighting. Choose the color for you.
- Red: Activates the circulatory and nervous system
- Strong Pink: Acts as a cleanser, strengthening the veins and arteries
- Pink: Activates and eliminates impurities from the bloodstream
- Orange: Energizes and eliminates localized fats. Helps address asthma and bronchitis.
- Strong Yellow: Strengthens the body and acts on internal tissues
- Yellow: Reactivates and purifies the skin. Helps with indigestion and bodily distress.
- Green: Acts as a nerve relaxant
- Strong Green: Provides anti-infectious, antiseptic and regenerative stimulation
- Strong Blue: Lubricates joints. Helps address infections, stress, and nervous tensions.
- Blue: Stimulates muscle and skin cells, nerves, and the circulatory system.
- Indigo: Helps address eye inflammation, cataracts, glaucoma, and ocular fatigue.
- Violet: Relaxes the nerves and lymphatic system. Addresses inflammation and urinary illness.
It is up to you. Most clients prefer to either wear work out clothes or go in the nude. Either way towels must be placed on the bench and shoes are strictly prohibited. Nude versus lightly clothed will not alter the effectiveness of your sauna session.
Each standard session is 30 minutes long. We set the cabin temperature to 140 degrees but we are able to customize the temperature setting slightly higher or lower based on your request. We have various customizable options to create your preference experience and we will walk you through the options upon arrival and assist you with the settings. Each suite does have a private shower & changing area. If able, however, it is suggested not showering for up to an hour afterward, as you will continue to sweat out toxins as you cool down.
You should always consult with your physician prior to using an infrared sauna.
No. Women who are pregnant should not experience any therapies that raise their core body pressure. This also applies to traditional saunas, steam rooms, and jacuzzis.
We require a 24-hour advanced cancellation notice to receive a full refund. Any cancellations made within less than 24 hours will incur a $15.00 fee. No shows will be charged for the full session. A courtesy confirmation email will be sent to you. Please call Lokahi Spa directly to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Cancellations cannot be taken by e-mail.
If any of the following conditions apply to you, you should consult your physician prior to using our Infrared Sauna Services.
- Pregnancy ~Women who are pregnant should not use an infrared sauna or any therapy that raises core body temperature.
- Pacemakers/Defibrillators ~ the magnets used to assemble saunas can interrupt the pacing and inhibit the output of pacemakers.
- Cardiovascular Issues, Obesity, or Diabetes ~ Individuals who are suffering from obesity or with a medical heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory problems or diabetes, should consult with a physician prior to use.
- Medications ~ consult with a physician
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse ~ It is not advisable to “sweat out” a hangover. The use of alcohol, drugs, or medication prior to a sauna session can cause negative reactions.
- Elderly ~ The ability to maintain core body temperature decreases with age, please consult with your physician prior to using one of our Infrared Sauna Services.
- Chronic Conditions and Diseases associated with reduced ability to sweat, please consult your physician prior.
- Hemophiliacs / Individuals Prone to Bleeding ~ should avoid using saunas.
- Fever & Insensitivity to Heat ~ should not use sauna until fever is gone
- Joint Injury ~ recent injuries and joints that are chronically hot and swollen may respond poorly to heat. Consult your physician prior to using our Infrared Saunas.